September 27, 2011

East Tennessee Motorcycle Trails

Recently, on my travels, I picked up a brochure from the Middle East Tennessee Tourism Council titled 'The Long & Winding Road'. It includes information on the heritage, culture, and history of East Tennessee, but more important it highlights 5 loops which provide an opportunity for a great day ride.

East Tennessee, along with its neighbor, western North Carolina, offers some of the best roads in the US. I think even experienced California riders would be impressed.

You can find some limited information and maps of the 5 loops at http://www.easttnvacations.com/east-tn-trails/ . The brochure provides a lot of information on points of interest along the routes. I did not see any opportunities on the website to download or request the brochure, so I guess you'll have to pick one up at a travel or tourist centers in the area.

No comments: